Market Leader - Veterans Affairs and Defense Health Agency - Washington DC
UHG Washington, DC
About the Job
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum's Military, Veteran & Federal Division is building a team of experienced Market Leaders to bring expertise, focus, deep relationship building, thought leadership and strategic business development to the the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Defense Health Agency. These experts will deeply understand clients' challenges related to engaging consumers, modernizing infrastructure and advancing care. Specifically, the team will be called upon to support large, complex deals that span multiple business units. They will be responsible for working collaboratively with business units, sales, product teams, operations leaders, finance and legal teams to identify and develop solutions, delivery approach and a pricing model that meets both the client's needs and our own.
If you are located in Washington, D.C. area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Strategic Demand Generation and Relationship Building impacting growth and delivery
- Market Intelligence - Listen closely to the client's requirements and identify opportunities for business development and / or growth
- Identify specific market opportunities, trends and competitive landscape
- Bring together capabilities that span Optum Growth Office product lines
- Define an operational delivery model that yields the right results
- Define pricing and value propositions that are attractive both to the client and to Optum
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 15+ years’ experience in health care
- 5+ years’ experience in supporting business development and / or operations, and / or providing strategic consultation to Military / Federal Services
- 10+ years of experience with either the Department of Veterans Affairs or the Defense Health Agency
- Expertise in leading teams in developing complex solutions to client / member problems, and articulating these solutions in written and / or oral formats
- 10+ years’ experience in Military (Army, Navy, Air Force, & Marine, DOD) Health Services
- MBA or other post - graduate degree
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Military Healthcare Business Development, Military, Federal, Department of Veterans Affairs, Defense Health Agency, Washington, D.C., Telecommute, Telecommuter, Remote, Work from home