Board Certified Behavior Analyst - Middle or East, TN
About the Job
You have high standards. So do we. Here at UnitedHealth Group, this includes offering an innovative new standard for care management. It goes beyond counseling services and verified referrals to programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. That means you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale - as part of an incredible team culture that's defining the future of behavioral health care.
To provide consultative support on behalf of an individual with an Intellectual Disability and/or Developmental Disability. Support may include, but is not limited to, behavioral assessment, identification of appropriate interventions, staff/caregiver training and/or the provision of immediate/emergent ABA support. This program offers person-centered care planning, care coordination, and support services for individuals receiving Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS). The Behavior Analyst provides support to individuals with complex, challenging behaviors. Support can include consultation, assessment, intervention, and staff/caregiver education/training. Support provided varies according to the level of need of the individual, the capacity of the paid and unpaid caregivers to address and manage challenging behavior, and the availability of outside behavior (ABA) providers and/or other mental health clinicians.
If you are located in Murfreesboro, Franklin, Brentwood, Nashville, Columbia, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide support and consultation to coordinators in administering behavior screenings and/or interpreting the results of behavior screenings, such as the Functional Analysis Screening Tool (FAST). Assist the coordinators to integrate behavior goals and strategies into the Person Centered Support Plan per the results of screenings
- Collaborate with other members of Team MD to coordinate the holistic care necessary for individuals to safely and successfully be supported in the community
- Complete additional behavioral assessment (e.g., functional behavior assessments), as needed
- Write an Interim Behavior Support Plans (BSP), including positive behavior interventions, as needed
- Work with caregivers and staff to implement positive behavior interventions. Provide behavior protocols/strategies to caregivers/staff. Model strategies, coach caregivers and staff and provide feedback
- Work with the Director of Behavior Supports to provide training to providers/provider staff
- When an individual is supported by an outside Behavior Analyst, review assessments and BSPs and consult with the BA, as needed
- Transition the behavior support of an individual to an outside Behavior Analyst when one becomes available
- Certified as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- 5 + years of experience providing behavior analysis services in home and community-based settings
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software programs and automated database management systems required (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- 2 + years of experience providing behavior analysis services to adults with an Intellectual Disability and/or a Developmental Disability
- Experience and knowledge with Medicaid
- Experience and knowledge with Long-Term Services and Supports providers
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords:behavior analysis, behavioral health, mental health, Board Certified Behavior Analyst, BCBA, MSW, LMSW, LCSW, LISW, LMHC, Long-Term Services and Support, LTSS, Medicaid, Long term care, Behavior Support, Intellectual Disability, Developmental Disability, IDD, ID, Case Management, care coordination, Home and Community-Based Services, Functional Analysis Screening Tool, FAST, HCBS, Middle Tennessee, Murfreesboro, Franklin, Brentwood, Nashville, Columbia, TN, Tennessee