About the Job
Keywords: MicroStrategy, Schema Objects, OLAP Services, BI Development Kit, Intelligence Service, Object Manager, Report Services, Mobile, Web
Are you a talented Software Engineer looking for that next step? Do you want to develop software using cutting edge technology in a high-impact environment? Do you want to work alongside a highly talented team of engineers to solve real-world problems? Well then we want you.
This position is located in our Chennai office.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Design and develop software applications and application components in an agile environment
- Integrate and implement custom created applications with commercial and open source software
- Create high-quality software by conducting peer design/code reviews and developing automated test cases
- Work with geographically distributed teams, with ample opportunity to learn from and mentor teammates in a fast-paced environment
- Play a key role in the future of software products by working closely with product management and other stakeholders to aid solution development
- Leverage the latest technologies to solve complex problems facing the health care industry
- Build and implement performant and scalable solutions by applying development best practices
- Ensure high quality solutions by implementing unit tests, driving continuous integration/validation, and supporting the creation and design of performance, load, and user acceptance tests
- Build methods and tools to automate development activities
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in technical field OR equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of relevant professional work experience with the MicroStrategy platform
- Knowledge and application of new features in and capabilities available with MicroStrategy v10
- Good understanding of relational structures, dimensional data modeling, Structured Query Language (SQL) skills, Data Warehouse and reporting techniques.
- Experience working with the full life cycle development process, which includes analysis, design, construction, and testing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work with members to break down complex requirements into solutions around reporting needs
- Familiarity with the MicroStrategy SDK
- Formal Certification with the MicroStrategy Platform
- Hands-on experience with the design, implementation, and migration of large enterprise BI solutions /platform /architecture
- Familiarity with project management and systems development life cycle processes, tools, concepts and methodologies
- Familiarity with BI technologies such as SQL Server, Analysis Services, ELT/ETL tools, especially Talend
- Familiarity with reporting and analytics suites such as Tableau, Business Objects, etc.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.