Senior Principal Architect - Minnetonka, MN
About the Job
UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team of Product Engineering and Data Solutions Architects in Minnetonka, MN. The Data Solutions Architect will play an important role in understanding UHC and Optum business portfolios and driving the future state of UHG Data Platform strategy. Solution Architect role has to be capable of performing all facets of architecture including but not limited to Portfolio architecture, Strategic architecture, Technical architecture and Data architecture. Architect should also have working experience with Big Data capabilities like Hadoop & NoSQL databases and should capable of leveraging traditional Data Warehouse technologies for transitional solutions.
The successful candidate filling this role is expected to quickly learn UHC and Optum business technology directions. Candidate should also have good understanding and current knowledge on Big Data ecosystem of technologies and capabilities. This individual will be able will be responsible to put together solutions to further UHG Data Platform Strategy. This role will be working hands on to develop proofs-of-concepts (POC) to identify viable options for implementing a particular data management need.
Candidate would be considered as a Senior Technology & Analytics Leader with strong leadership and collaborating abilities. We are looking for someone with 20+ years architecting experience with expertise in leading the development and implementation of a diverse range of advanced technical solutions for processing, managing and analyzing massive amounts of data. Candidate must also have agile working methodology experience. Candidate may have to play multiple technology and analytic roles including but not limited to being a Software Engineer, Data, Solution & Enterprise Architect, Technology Research Architect and Analytics Expert. Candidate must be familiar with both traditional data center management practices and the newer public cloud practices and concepts.
- Portfolio architect role to develop, maintain and evangelize data strategies across domains and segments
- Technology architect role to get involved in up and coming technologies to understand how business could take advantage of those technologies
- Architect solutions for key business initiatives ensuring alignment with future state architecture vision
- Produce architecture artifacts, deliverables, organize and catalog to help maintain architecture repositories
- Work closely with the project teams as outlined in the Agile methodology providing guidance in implementing solutions at various stages of projects
- Enable project teams to support project objectives through the application of sound architectural principles
- Develop and validate that the proposed solution architecture supports the stated & implied business requirements of the project
- Review technical team deliverables for compliance with architecture standards and guidelines
- Understand and train in UHG methodologies, solution patterns and frameworks.
- Align with review processes for solutions and documentation expectations
- Adopt innovative architectural approaches to leverage in-house data integration capabilities consistent with architectural goals of the enterprise
- Create architectural designs for different stakeholders that provide a conceptual definition of the information processing needs for the delivery project
- 12+ years in the IT profession
- 5+ years of data solutions architecture experience
- 3+ years of experience creating Data Management / Data Warehouse architectures
- Experience with various data intake, staging and integration methods and tools.
- Knowledge of Big Data Eco System technologies and capabilities
- Experience delivering against long-term, strategic technology roadmaps
- Success leading multiple projects using the Agile methodology
- High accountability with a demonstrated ability to deliver
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely ideas (both verbally and in writing) to executives and technologists
- Experience with strategic architecture
- Experience with portfolio rationalization
- Experience interacting with various enterprise architecture areas
- Experience working in a collaborative multiple teams environment
- Experience with executive content preparations and presentations
- Experience with solutions utilizing No-SQL technologies and streaming technologies for providing lambda architecture solutions
- Experience with ETL tools such as Talend
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior principal architect, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota.