IT Manager, TWS Administration Team- MN, CT, NC, AZ, or TX Office Locations
About the Job
Responsibilities include active participation, as well as managing a team of 12 individuals, in architecting, developing, building, and maintaining the Company's batch scheduling systems (primarily TWS/d). Maintenance tasks include, but are not limited to, solving issues such as client connectivity problems, implementation of vendor patches and upgrade issues. Development responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with architecting and testing batch scheduling solutions based on TWS/d.
Collaborate with the business to understand/influence business requirements
Demonstrate understanding of cross-functional/cross-domain requirements and impact
Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies/products/trends related to architectural solutions
Ensure alignment of solutions with business and IT goals/objectives
You will identify and quantify scope and impact of business changes on systems
Facilitate/lead/participate in identification of solution options and features
Communicate solution options to business owners/stakeholders (e.g. architecture reviews)
You will incorporate software and system architecture (e.g. infrastructure, network) into conceptual designs
Ensure alignment with enterprise technology standards (e.g. solution patterns, application frameworks, technology roadmaps, capital plans)
Identify gaps between established standards and proposed solutions, and follow the exception/waiver process as needed
Maintain awareness of current technology assets and the capability of each
Uderstand and adhere to architecture Governance framework
You will deliver all project deliverables on scope, on time and on budget
- Team leadership or team management experience with HR accountabilities
- 5+ years of experience in hands on distributed server operations (build, break/fix, manage)
- Administering TWS/d in a Distributed environment with UNIX flavored management
- Experience designing and implementing TWS networks, including upgrades from previous versions.
- Experience with TWS/d extended agent implementation and support.
- Bachelor's degree or HS diploma/GED or 4+ years of experience required
- UNIX and/or Windows system administration experience
- Knowledge of, or experience with Windows scripting languages (PowerShell or traditional command line scripting languages)
- Relational databases (DB2 or Oracle) in conjunction with TWS/d. ( DB2 preferred)
- Knowledge of other batch scheduling systems ( TWS/z, TWS E2E, Robot, Schedule-IT, Autosys, Control-M, etc.)
- Experience prototyping and performance tuning applications deployed across multiple operating systems, languages and computing platforms
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.