Business Analyst (Agile) - Eden Prairie, MN (or Telecommute)
UHG Eden Prairie, MN
About the Job
Here's the thing about challenges. They provide limitless opportunities for greatness. And what we have in mind for you is definitely big. At UnitedHealth Group, we're changing the future of health care and we have the expertise, advanced technology and global resources to make it happen. As a Senior Business Analyst, you'll work with the brightest minds in the business and find yourself digging deep to find the solutions to help people live healthier lives. You'll be responsible for analyzing, reviewing and forecasting data for operational and business planning to impact the health care system. What could be more satisfying than that? Join us!
The Business Analyst (Agile) will lead the creation, analysis, documentation, and management of user stories (business requirements) throughout the Agile project lifecycle and ensure that user stories are fully understood by the technical team before solutions are designed and implemented.
Typical Day in this Position:
- This person will participate in and/or facilitate project meetings by guiding business subject matter experts through collaborative user story writing work sessions on Web-ex or in person
- Participate in solution analysis and design meetings for system enhancements and/or implementations
- Partner with the Agile Capability Owner to work with the business and IT throughout specific procedures and documents required to get projects to the point of deployment
- Schedule and lead collaborative discussions to document “As Is” / “To Be” workflows as needed
- Assess data analysis needs, recommend and validate approach and perform data validation and analysis activities often partnering with Capability Owner, Architecture Leads, and System Administrators
- They will also support development of criteria for User Acceptance Testing and apply quality assurance measures to obtain desired results
- Leads and manages user stories gathering and analysis activities by working with stakeholders, developers, designers, technical analysts and internal/external customers.
- Elicits, captures, analyzes, refines, articulates and documents user stories, acceptance criteria and software documentation via approved processes.
- Manages user story requirement changes throughout the Agile project lifecycle.
- Balances business requirements with technical feasibility and sustainability.
- Synthesizes complex information into concise, readable, unambiguous language.
- Assists with product backlog maintenance and grooming.
- Collaborates closely with UX, Development and QA Teams.
- Participates in Agile cadence such as Scrum standup meetings, backlog grooming sessions, review, and retrospective meetings.
Ensures that appropriate project documentation is produced throughout the Agile project lifecycle
Provide clear description of problems / issues for medium to high complexity problems
Contribute in developing organizational functional knowledge
Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
Solves complex problems and develops innovative solution options
Performs complex conceptual analyses
Builds and develops strong working relationships with line of business subject matter experts
- Manage multiple projects and priorities, tasks and coordinate various channels of communication at the same time
- Facilitate and conduct meetings while asking questions and soliciting feedback, presenting and capturing notes/requirements in various software applications / tools
- Be proactive and take initiative with little or vague directions at times to include desire to solve problems and be resourceful in seeking answers
- We are looking for candidates who have the following attributes:
Excellent Communications skills
Accountable / Timely
Adaptable to Change
Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills required to interact with staff, colleagues, management and internal/external customers.
4+ years of experience in analysis, gathering and documenting Business requirement/user story documentation
Intermediate Level Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, OneNote, SharePoint and PowerPoint)
Bachelor’s Degree and / or equivalent education and experience
3+ years of experience preparing and identifying B2B processes and data connections
1+ years of experience identifying new and emerging capabilities
1+ years of experience with projects related to Account / Product delivery
1+ years of experience with projects in an Agile environment
Proven experience creating user stories, acceptance criteria, design documentation, process flows and wireframes in order to clearly communicate a set of functional requirements.
Experience in business requirement analytical skills with the ability to produce clearly articulated requirements and documents.
- 1+ years of experience in healthcare industry
SalesForce experience highly desirable
Knowledge of CA Agile (formerly known as Rally)
Experience in a large matrix environment
UnitedHealth Group is a Fortune 6 company that offers a broad spectrum of products and services dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and making health care work better for everyone. Be part of the team. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Agile Product Owner, Agile Capability Owner, product manager, product owner, healthcare, Scrum, user stories, MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Visio, ServiceNow, Six Sigma, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota