Marketing Campaign Analyst – Telecommute
About the Job
Optum HouseCalls is looking for an analyst who will be working with big data across multiple healthcare platforms. This role will be responsible for discovering business insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. This individual will need to have a natural desire to go beneath the surface of a problem to ask the right (business) questions, and produce answers in support by digging into large data sources and applying statistical rigor. The ideal candidate will have a knack for thinking “Big Picture” as well as enjoy digging into the details, applying 3 key elements to challenging healthcare problems: Analytical Rigor, Creativity and Business Focus.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Utilize statistical, mathematical, predictive modeling as well as business strategy skills to build the algorithms necessary to increase member engagement in the HouseCalls program
- Analyze complex member data (e.g. relational databases, star schema’s, etc) and turn into actionable insights in support of the long and short term goals of the company
- Recommend campaign test designs and experiments to test hypotheses, such as A/B testing, champion/challenger testing, etc.
- Build predictive and analytical models by using techniques such as logistic regression, OLS regression, k-means segmentation, PCA, decision trees
- Dig beneath the surface of a problem to ascertain the “Why” in the backend data, uncover the true reasons data patterns and skews may be showing up, and convert those findings into clearly understandable, data-backed recommendations, to influence future member engagement strategies
- Undertake rigorous and meticulous data analysis to extract and distill key population insights that will be consumed by functions such as business strategy, product marketing, and consumer marketing
- Responsible for integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, both internal member behaviors as well as exogenous data sources, to get a holistic understanding of member preferences and behaviors
- Responsible for uncovering data anomalies, discovering business insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques
- Distil patterns in data, many times dirty data that doesn’t make sense
- Spot dirty data and think out of the box about how to accommodate in order to produce trustworthy results given these constraints
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or Actuarial Science
- 2+ years of statistical modeling experience using analytical algorithms such as Logistic Regression, OLS regression, etc.
- 3+ years experience in SQL working with relational data in large enterprise environments with large datasets (e.g. 1+ billion records)
- 2+ years of experience working with statistics to perform analysis and apply statistical significance to reporting results, data modeling and predictive modeling
- 2+ years experience combining numerous exogenous data sources (e.g. demographics / psychographics / SDoH) with consumer transactional and behavioral attributes to support advanced modeling efforts
Knowledge of healthcare administrative data (medical claims, enrollment, provider data)
Highly evolved problem-solving skills and adept at understanding and resolving unstructured problems.
Experience with experimental design (design of experiments)
Experience in one of the following languages: R, Python, SAS
Experience telling a story with data, presenting findings, and communicating to upper management
Strong knowledge of extracting and developing key consumer insights within a population, distilling insights, and presenting to business leadership
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Marketing Campaign Analyst, SQL, analyst, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Work from home, Work at home