Senior Account Receivable Clerk - Melville, NY
About the Job
Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
- Prepares and maintains records of accounts receivable, including receipts, claims and overdue invoices
- Applies all incoming cash receipts and wire payments to the appropriate general ledger accounts
- Computes interest charges, processes refunds and related items
- Performs periodic and month-end balancing and reporting activities
- Verifies patient insurance and demographic information
- Reviews and submits hard copy and electronic claims
- Responds to correspondence
- Performs insurance follow-up on denials and other claims requiring additional information, resubmits bills when necessary
- Processes credit balances and refunds, as necessary
- Complies with Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party billing requirements and regulations
- Maintains and reconciles records of outstanding accounts
- Inputs patient insurance, demographic data and billing information into patient accounting system, makes adjustments, as necessary
- Answers phones, responds to claim inquires and resolves billing issues
- Performs related duties, as required
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of clerical office work experience
- 6+ months of data entry experience in computer billing system
- Ability to edit, create, and modify documents in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word
- Ability to create, modify, edit and send documents within Microsoft Excel
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Accounts Receivable, Billing, Collections, Westbury, NY