Senior Business Project Manager II, Consumer & Customer Experience - Minnetonka, MN
UHG Minnetonka, MN
About the Job
UnitedHealthcare is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system. Every day, we're collaborating to improve the experience of our Consumers across all lines of business. And we're doing it with an intense amount of dedication.
As a Senior Business Project Manager, you'll work alongside a high caliber team as you drive innovation and business forward. You'll shift scope definition, risk identification, implementation and methodology to a gear you didn't even know you have. You'll take on tough challenges and create innovative solutions. When you get into the driver's seat of this role, you will show your expertise in executing complex, cross-functional projects, leading others in the organization to make meaningful operational improvements that enhance how we communicate with our Consumers. This is no small opportunity. Along the way, you'll grow and develop at a pace that energizes your career while you do your life's best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for the successful coordination and execution of major, cross-functional projects with both technical and operational impact, related to Consumer Experience. It involves multi-functional areas with potentially significant financial and operational impacts. The Senior Business Project Manager will provide subject matter expertise in areas including project management, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on professional knowledge and background. In addition, this position serve as a mentor for Business Project Managers assigned to the program.
- Creates and manages complex project plans, dependencies, dashboards and open issues/action items, focusing on an Enterprise approach
- Oversees various deliverables and timelines to ensure tasks align with deliverable dates, both within the program and with dependent programs
- Establish/apply quality objectives, criteria, standards and levels using appropriate quality management methods, with stakeholder input (e.g. key performance indicators, scope definition)
- Develop business plans and cost benefit analysis for assessment by Leadership
- Develop, communicate and implement project risk/issue management plans and strategies
- Effectively facilitates meetings, coordinating agenda development, note taking and meeting recaps (including kickoff meetings, requirements gathering meetings, weekly program status meetings, etc.)
- Provides leadership, organization and methodology to a multi-functional project team. Attends and assists in facilitating the project manager meeting call to review all project deliverables due
- Consistent, clear and appropriate communication to various levels of leadership, including executives and capital partners (particular focus on status updates, pending decisions and issue escalation).
- Develops and executes strategies for a functional or operational area that span multiple businesses
- Liaisons & coordinates with stakeholders, Project Managers for aligned programs and workstreams, along with other cross functional groups
- Leads the stakeholder communication plan and provides status updates to management for internal and external consumption on a regular interval
- Determines proper project participants and ensures that all required areas are included in the project planning and execution
- Works with the business partners to review requirements to determine process changes based on new feature/functionality; ensures business “source of truth” documents are updated and aligned with project deliverables and appropriate sign off by business leader is obtained
- For projects that include IT, assures that all IT milestones and deliverables are met on a timely basis or escalated and participates in development of UHG capital funding request
- Writes and delivers weekly status that summarizes team level detail and provides schedule and budget status and escalates significant issues
- Ensures that a formal status meeting takes place
- Holds project team accountable, influencing to drive results
- Takes charge of ad hoc projects assigned
- Work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Translates concepts into practice
- Assesses and interprets both consumer and business partner needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves complex problems and/or conducts complex analyses
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- BA/BS or equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years of business operations experience
- 5+ years of related experience in business or healthcare project management
- Experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and/or evaluation of business process
- Experience identifying & resolving issues and roadblocks inhibiting completion of milestones
- Demonstrated history in navigating cross functional/cross segment, enterprise groups and possess high tolerance to stress and the ability to handle difficult situations in a confident and diplomatic manner within a large matrix organization
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Working experience with Personalization and/or Relationship Management capabilities; simplifying member lives by providing them with timely, relevant, individualized content in the most convenient channel at the most appropriate time that helps them best use their insurance benefit and manage their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely to leadership
- Proven ability to quickly gain credibility, influence and partner with business stakeholders; must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and balance multiple priorities and projects and continue to monitor and make changes to work as the project needs dictate
- Demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional projects and be self-directed and motivated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to view deliverables through the lens of the Consumer; preserving and enhancing the experience.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Project Management, UnitedHealthcare, UHC, UnitedHealth Group, Senior Project Manager, Relationship Management, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota