Process Automation Developer - Dublin, Ireland
About the Job
The Optum Ireland Payment Integrity (PI) Automation Centre of Excellence is an exciting new venture that’s passionate about process automation. We support the organization through the delivery of automation solutions, using existing, new and emerging technologies to enhance savings, improve productivity and quality and reduce cost.
The Process Automation Developer will be part of Optum Ireland’s PI Automation Centre of Excellence and will be responsible for the delivery lifecycle of automated business processes using the suite of RPA tools currently used by Optum.
This will include understanding technical and infrastructure requirements, process analysis, development of the automated workflow, appropriate unit testing and successful release to deployment.
- Work closely with the Senior Automation development Manager, IT Infrastructure and other teams in understanding the functional and technical design for processes identified for automation potential
- Work closely with the RPA business / process analysts to understand the process automation requirements
- Develops and configures automation processes as per the process requirements document to meet requirements defined by the business
- Develops new processes using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand
- Able to work with version control and Jira or similar ticketing system
- Complies with design and coding standards, policies and procedures
- Ensures relevant documentation is completed
- Ensures quality of coded components by performing thorough unit testing
- Communicating any identified project risks and issues to the delivery/project manager and providing inputs to the change control process
- Supporting the Operational Teams during the UAT and rollout phases
- Experience with software development \ programming \ database concepts
- Proven experience in delivering successful IT \ business software projects
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering \ Computer Science or related technical field
- Good understanding of programming concepts and a strong programming background in one or more modern language, preferably .Net
- Good database skills with proven experience using SQL Server \ Oracle \ MySQL etc
- Good understanding of the key requirements documents involved in a delivery lifecycle (functional, technical, testing documents)
- Well-organized with good communication and reporting skills
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented
- Exposure to Agile delivery methods
- Experience in delivering an automated process into production using an RPA tool (UIPath, Blue Prism \ Automation Anywhere \ others)
- Experience in the Insurance Industry (preferably Health Insurance)
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Keywords: Process Automation, Software Development, Programming, Database Concepts, IT, Information Technology, Technology, SQL, Dublin, Ireland