Metadata Expert - Multiple Locations
About the Job
The Metadata Expert contributes to the success of the Metadata Management Team through the major roles of solution architect, key outreach communicator, scrum master and project coordinator. This is a job for an outgoing individual who enjoys working with people from all across the enterprise and who has a solid technical foundation in data management.
- Create and deliver presentations and demonstrations for the Metadata Repository
- Develop solutions for new capabilities, coordinate implementation and do testing on new functionality. Review and approve changes to the production system using ServiceNow
- Act as scrum master for the Metadata Team. This includes scheduling and conducting sprint planning, daily standups and sprint retrospective sessions. It also includes coordination with the product owner to keep the roadmap tool (Aha!) and the agile tool (CA Agile Central) in synch
- Coordinate projects for the Metadata Team. This includes creating project estimates and work plans for the projects, regular coordination with the stakeholders, and demonstration of end-result functionality for the customer
- Understand how to use the Metability tool, which is the native administrative tool for the repository. This includes troubleshooting issues with the underlying metadata and reorganizing existing metadata when needed
- Administer Metadata Management presences on Hub connect, Sharepoint and Optum Developer. Also provide oversight for Hub acronyms feature
Ability to work well in a team-oriented, agile environment
Ability to be self-directed yet responsive to outside direction
- 1+ years of experience working as a Scrum Master in an Agile environment
- 3+ years experience / Knowledge of Metadata practice
- Broad understanding of data landscape data modeling / data architecture experience
- Good understanding of database structures
- General understanding of big data technology
- Understand application development process at a high level
- Broad understanding of information management technology
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: metadata, scrum master, agile, data landscape, data modeling, data architecture, database structures, big data, application development, information management, project coordinator, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Raleigh, NC, North Carolina, Rocky Hill, CT, Connecticut, Horsham, PA, Pennsylvania