Pharmacy Credentialing Analyst - North East US Region Telecommute
About the Job
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- Analyst will work closely with Credentialing manager to validate that OptumRx Network pharmacies meet and maintain the appropriate credentialing requirements, as well as quality management standards to serve as a Pharmacy Provider for OptumRx
- Analyst will perform background checks on all employees / entities, as well as further analytics to identify past / present associations with pharmacies terminated from the Pharmacy Network and / or engagement in FWA activity
- Analyst will validate purchase invoices and / or other applicable documentation, as well as correlating billing records
- Analyst will verify current on - hand inventory, as well as acquire a complete listing of wholesalers
- Analyst will execute unannounced pharmacy inspections to ensure compliance with state and / or federal regulations, codes and statutes
- Analyst will verify the validity of all addresses associated with Pharmacy including, but not limited to, Google Map’s searches and / or on - site visits
- Obtain and analyze claims billing and payment data as necessary in the course of conducting an investigation of criminal or civil fraud
- Prepare comprehensive case investigation reports including evidence and findings
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies in existing policies and procedures and suggest effective and efficient solutions
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) or High School Diploma / GED (or higher) with 1+ years of experience working in Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM)
- 3+ years of Pharmacy experience
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (CPhT)
- Knowledge of Federal / State Requirements and Administrative Rules for Pharmacies
- Current residence in the North East Region (EST) time zone and near an airport
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time nationwide with overnight stays up to 5 days Monday - Friday
- 1+ years of experience working with reporting tools and generating effective reports
- 1+ years of prior investigative / auditing / credentialing experience
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis
- Retail Pharmacy experience
- Industry Certifications (CFE, AHFI, etc.)
- Previous experience with Government Health Care Programs (Medicare, Medicaid and / or TRICARE)
- Excellent attention to detail and concise documentation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Able to work independently in a fast - paced environment
- Ability to convey complex information to others and make it more easily understood
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Pharmacy Benefits Manager ; investigation; auditing; Technician