Senior Pharmacy Technician - Phoenix, AZ
About the Job
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- Process member prior authorizations through various computer systems ensuring the accuracy of all data and updating
- Navigate across multiple computer systems to respond to questions or to provide specific medication details / clinical information
- Receive incoming calls from members or providers; conduct outgoing calls as needed to provide follow-up or consultation such as prior authorization requirements, appeals, etc.
- Apply benefit plan criteria in making decisions (approvals / denials) or recommendations
- Clarify and explain pharmaceutical benefits and procedures
- Educate members / guardians, providers, pharmacies) staff on procedures to avoid compliance risk
- Partner with others to gather additional information and / or to interpret clinical guidelines
- Act as a resource for others
- Monitor compliance for Prior Authorization and Appeals cases
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of pharmacy related experience (includes retail pharmacy experience)
- Pharmacy Technician licensing and registration in Arizona
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Availability for an 8-hour shift between 7:00 am - 7:00 pm Monday through Friday
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: health care, healthcare, Managed Care, Pharmacy Technician, Optum, OptumRx, UnitedHealth care, UnitedHealth Group, pharmacy, retail pharmacy, pharmacy technician license