RN Clinic Manager - Southwest Medical - $1500 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates - Pahrump, NV
About the Job
Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, home health, hospice and palliative care services, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. Southwest Medical offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. Southwest Medical is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organizations and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization
- Provide direct patient care with exemplary customer service to internal and external customers. Duties included but not limited to triage/screening patients; patient ancillary visits (injection, wound care); patient education; shared medical appointments; follow up in the office or by telephone with patients for medical management of health condition
- Coordination of patient care under the guidance of the primary care provider (hospital transfer, blood transfusion, PICC line, urgent or emergent referral, chemotherapy coordination, IV therapy, patient centered form completion), act as liaison in person or by telephone for health plan, case management activities, home health and disease management
- Manages back office patient flow in collaboration with providers and support staff. Ensure staffing is maintained, resources are allocated adequately to meet the team(s) need to function efficiently and effectively. Communicate daily task assignments, staffing changes or shift in work requirements to help the team(s) complete work accurately and on time. Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including new employee on-boarding, performance management and disciplinary action if needed
- Ensure staff and clinical operations meet audit and regulatory compliance, assist in the capture and analysis of data related to department, quality measures, policies and procedures, state and federal regulations, and/or standards of care. (i.e. PCMH, A3/tier Reporting, Monthly Audits, Visit Closure Audits, Quarterly Back Office Audits)
- Develop and implement patient centered treatment plans (Coumadin, Diabetic Insulin; Hypertension) under the guidance of the primary care provider
- Maintain, facilitate and promote primary care department protocols, processes, policies and standards to include but not limited to the following: Standard Rooming, 5S Exam rooms, Daily Huddles, New and Existing patient management, Medication Refills, Pathology Specimens, Radiology Procedures, and other Specialty specific protocols as signed by department head or designee
- Prepare reports and manages assigned projects related to the team(s) to include but not limited: Automated Referral, Tasking, Ancillary, Huddles, Staff time away from work (PTO, Sick, Training, etc.), Staff job assignment and Scheduling
- Subject matter expert to include but not limited to Automated Referrals, Touchworks and IDX
- Current, unrestricted NV RN license or temporary NV RN license with the ability to obtain permanent NV RN license upon expiration of temporary NV RN license
- 3+ years of clinical acute or ambulatory nursing experience
- 3+ years of progressive management experience in healthcare
- Proficient computer skills i.e. Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- CPR and / or BLS certification or willing to obtain within 30 days of hire
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or related field; and / or equivalent and relevant experience
- Primary Care experience
- Experience with computer based medical record
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.