Senior Customer Service Representative - Duluth, MN
About the Job
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Senior Customer Service Representative is responsible for answering incoming calls from consumers, employers, and brokers with questions about account balances, card activations, application status, Treasury guidelines and regulations, and internal procedures.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
- Taking inbound calls from consumers, brokers and employers
- Handling and researching issues over the phone
- Utilizing the computer database to verify and document information
- Consistently meeting established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Navigating a computer while on the phone
- Multi-tasking (this includes ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product)
- Remaining focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Willing to work and contribute in a team environment
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems, OR 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Prior stable work experience
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system application
- Ability to work within the hours of operation 7:00 am - 9:00 pm CT Monday through Friday and 8:00 am - 4:30 pm CT on weekends
- Knowledge of Billing / Finance and Eligibility processes, practices and concepts
- Basic knowledge of managed care industry
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.