Medical Assistant - Phoenix, AZ
About the Job
At Optum, we share what might be seen as a surprisingly simple goal: making the health system work better for everyone. We look for people who relentlessly push themselves to go farther. For these high performers, a position on a team at Optum, a business of UnitedHealth Group, is a natural fit. We offer more than the talent, resources and can - do culture - we offer a place to improve the lives of others while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
- Perform patient care activities to assist physicians and nursing personnel, including procedures, injections, EKGs and phlebotomy
- Show patients to exam rooms according to company standards
- Record patient care documentation in the medical record
- Coordinate patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies
- Organize exam and treatment rooms, and sterilize instruments.
You’ll need to be able to work a flexible schedule in multiple locations, while managing multiple priorities. You’ll find the pace fast and the patient-centered environment inspiring.
- High School diploma or GED
- Graduate from an Accredited Medical Assistant program OR 3+ years of military trained medical assistant experience
- Current CPR card OR willing to obtain in 30 days
- 1+ years of of experience as a Medical Assistant preferably primary care setting
- ICD-10 and CPT coding experience
- 1+ year experience in a primary care office with both front and back office experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Medical Assistant, clinic, hospital, OptumCare, UHG, ICD 10, Phoenix, AZ, Mountain Care West