Senior Director of Government and Payment Strategy - Dental - Telecommute
About the Job
There's never been a time that was more right for people who want to lead. Health care is changing and evolving at a pace that few could have predicted. Technology, ideas and bold vision are taking provider networks and companies like UnitedHealth Group to new levels of performance. Here's where you come in. You'll direct the teams that are out to strike the balance between health care costs and resources. You'll ensure effective unit costs and contract valuation analysis and health care contracts that are priced accurately and fairly for all involved. As you do, you'll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
The Dental Provider Solutions Leadership team will be expanding to support the development of value based contracting methodologies that pay for performance through establishing new payment models, modernized fee schedules, new contract language and value based reporting packages. The Senior Director of Government and Payment Strategy will engage with the Line of Business leaders on strategic initiatives including new payment models, network growth and expansion opportunity across all lines of business including our commercial, Medicare and Medicaid markets.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and execute strategies for a function or discipline that span a large business unit or multiple markets/sites
- Direct others to resolve business problems that affect multiple functions or disciplines
- Direct work that impacts entire functions and/or customer accounts (internal or external)
In this high-impact, high-profile role, you'll be responsible for making business decisions that will affect a broad range of aspects in the organization. In addition to coordinating market development within current and existing markets, you'll also be directing advanced financial modeling and strategies and ensuring that integral information tools are up to date.
- 8+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, health care pricing, network management, health care economics or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies and health care products and expert level of proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, risk management and data manipulation
- 3+ years of Medicare / Medicare Regulations experience
- 5+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets and information acquisition tools using financial modeling to evaluate the impact of contract changes and develop forecasts
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Expert level proficiency in MS Excel
- Undergraduate degree
- Performance Based Contracting experience
- Dental experience
As we make our networks more efficient and effective, we make life better for millions. That's the opportunity with UnitedHealth Group. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare, Managed Care, Hospital Contracting, Physician Contracting, Ancillary Contracting, Facility Contracting, Provider Network, Network Development, Provider Services, Contract Negotiating, Network Management, Accountable Care Organization (ACO), Telecommute