Provider Integration Specialist - Field based in Massachusetts
About the Job
You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? UnitedHealthcare is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This is a field based position. You will be in the field approximately 50% of the time in the state of Massachusetts (Primarily Somerville, MA). When you are not in the field, this will be a telecommute / work from home position.
This role is dedicated to enhancing medical behavioral integration activities in medical primary care settings. The focus is to support implementation of Optum’s behavioral health intervention model, which directs clinically-appropriate resources towards areas of greatest population risk, and other areas of clinical opportunity. This position will support primary care providers in improving their practice of behavioral health screening and monitoring capabilities, driving best practice behavioral health care within the medical setting and coordinating with behavioral health specialty care.
- Aligns and deploys a shared vision for holistic treatment and medical-behavioral integration with physician practices
- Translates the Optum Behavioral Health model into local market context and practice environments
- Trains primary care providers on the delivery of evidence-based screening and practice strategies to address mental health and substance use conditions in a co-morbid population
- Educates providers on the Optum Behavioral Health’s network, including tele-mental health, and Express Access network providers
- Provides guidance on best practices in care coordination, linking patients to Optum resources, community resources and self-management tools
- Partners with the Optum Behavioral Health network team to enhance local specialty network and primary care relationships
- Leverages data to identify behavioral health practice trends and opportunities for improvement of clinical outcomes in primary care
- Collaborates with the payer’s network team and primary care clinics to develop interventions to improve behavioral health practice patterns
- Serves as the liaison between primary care practices and Optum Behavioral Health to address questions and resolve issues
- Independently / clinically Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with 2 or more years of experience in behavioral health
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted in Massachusetts
- 2+ years of experience in a related mental health setting
- Computer / typing proficiency to enter / retrieve data in electronic clinical records; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Ability to accommodate onsite visits within the region (Primarily Somerville, MA) approximately 50% of the time
- Ability to work onsite in the office in Somerville, MA as needed
- Experience in an inpatient setting
- Experience in a training position, where training was the main focus of your job
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience in a community mental health setting
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Previous experience in a managed care environment
- Experience with the Medicaid population
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Case manager, care coordination, care advocate, social worker, therapist, counselor, mental health, behavioral health, field, community mental health, managed care, training, trainer, train, substance abuse, inpatient, Medicare, Medicaid, PNMHCS, LICSW, LMFT, LMHC, RN, registered nurse, Boston, Somerville, Massachusetts