Area Vice President of Sales & Business Development - PBM - Telecommute Nationwide
About the Job
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Area Vice President of Sales & Business Development, OptumRx is primarily responsible for generating revenue and developing new business through a consultative selling process. AVP independently develops and execute strategic plans for approaching and selling to employer groups in a regional territory and or where appropriate through assigned coalition partners. The VP is responsible for designing and selling solutions to meet pharmacy benefit goals of plan sponsors to meet individual AVP’s annual growth goals.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage ensure contract execution for new clients. Where appropriate manage and ensure contract execution of new partner coalitions, clients of coalition as well as annual market check contract updates
- Lead analytical and proposal requests Prospects
- Facilitate finalist meetings including team coordinate, strategy development and presentation development as well as all follow-up communication post finalist
- Meet and build relationships with senior executives of middle market employer groups and/or assigned Optum Coalition Partners
- Manage coalition annual market check where appropriate
- Follow - up on prospect meetings and successfully negotiate with prospects and associated brokers and consultants
- Make presentations to employers, brokers, consultants and at industry functions to educate prospects on OptumRx pharmacy benefit solutions
- Establish strong working relationships with distribution channel partners
- Establishing and maintaining Consultant / Broker development and relationship management is a large component of this position
- Manage pipeline via SalesForceGo
- Bachelor's degree or Higher
- 5+ years of experience in PBM in the areas of Sales, Client relationship management/Account Management or as a Broker / Consultant
- 5+ years of experience preparing and presenting materials to clients
- 5+ years of experience working in partnership with underwriting and finance
- Advanced Client facing presentation experience
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent to visit client base within a regional geographic area
- Advanced understanding of PBM industry
- PBM Sales Background
- Consultant / Broker Background
- Experience using SalesForceGO
- Preferred location of MO, IL, or TX
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sales, Business Development, Account Management, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Remote, Travel, Work from Home