Credentialing Coordinator - LHI - La Crosse, WI
About the Job
At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient-specific in-clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.
The Credentialing Coordinator will build and maintain a successful working relationship between LHI and network practitioner to ensure a stable practitioner network. They will be facilitating successful activation and maintenance of practitioner by performing initial credentialing, ongoing monitoring and re-credentialing process of all required network practitioners in accordance with industry standards. The Credentialing Coordinator will communicate daily with outsourced vendors, healthcare facility point of contact / professionals, as well as internal staff to maintain a detailed and compliant practitioner file credentialing system for various company contracts. As a part of the Credentialing Team, they ensure the practitioner network meets or exceeds quality, contract, and credentialing expectations to foster continued quality improvement and risk management efforts.
- Identify and document credentialing, compliance and contract requirements as the enroll in LHI's network to include creation and maintenance of practitioner record within database.
- Initiate, retrieve, verify, and follow up on all credentialing applications and content needed for LHI's practitioner network. Ensure applications are complete, data integrity is intact within database to meet requirements for primary source verification.
- Monitor accurate re-credentialing of practitioners on a three-year cycle
- Act as the liaison between the practitioner network and internal departments to troubleshoot issues or answer any questions/concerns
- Ongoing monitoring of credentialed network for accuracy or any change in status to include regular internal practitioner record audits.
- Submit appropriate practitioner records to CVO (Certified Verification Organization). Retrieve and review CVO file as completed
- Submission of background checks as required on credentialed practitioners to contracted vendor. Retrieval and review of the reports as part of the credentialing packet.
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in Health Information Technology, Business, or a related field (healthcare emphasis preferred)
- Experience using phone and computer as your primary work tools
- Database experience and working with electronic files / documents
- 1+ years of credentialing or healthcare experience
- Healthcare terminology experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Word (ability to create, edit, save, and send documents), Excel (ability to create, edit, save, and send spreadsheets), and Outlook (ability to send / receive emails)
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) through the National Associate Medical Staff Services
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Familiarity with NCQA credentialing standards
- Knowledge of practitioner credentialing and primary source verification of medical/dental licensure
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong analytical thinking, multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Must be able to problem solve and propose solutions in a fast paced environment, and the ability to demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities under extreme deadlines
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Optum, administrative, coordinator, support, clerical, secretary, MS, Word, Excel, Outlook, credential, credentialing, healthcare