Associate Patient Care Coordinator - Breast Care Program - OptumCare Nevada - Las Vegas, NV
About the Job
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
OptumCare Cancer Care, a division of OptumCare Nevada, is committed to offering patients compassion, innovation, and high quality care. The group is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
- Provide lead support and direction to front office and non-clinical staff. Function as first contact for customer service issues
- Enforce customer service standards, billing functions to include patient check in & out process, cash handling, demographics and insurance information in IDX
- Oversee and monitor empanelment and call process making adjustments as needed to meet customers’ expectations, mediate patient issues and manage the administrative aspect of patients’ visit, ensuring that customer service standards are met
- Complete daily deposit. Accountable for adherence to business compliance audits criteria
- Develop and oversee efficient customer service processes including waiting room management
- Responsible for compliance requirements as dictated by clinic needs
- Function as safety representative and completes monthly building safety inspections and submits appropriate maintenance requests as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience working with patient scheduling
- 1+ years of experience working in a physician’s office
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Familiarity with ICD - 9/10 and CPT coding
- Medical Assistant Certification/Training
- Oncology experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: patient, customer service, oncology, ICD-9, CPT, Las Vegas, Southwest Medical, Optum, hospital, clinic, physician, Las Vegas, Nevada, NV, Henderson