Foster/ Adoptive Care Coordinator/ Manager - Jackson County, MO
About the Job
You push yourself to reach higher and go further. Because for you, it's all about ensuring a positive outcome for patients. In this role, you'll work in the field and coordinate the long-term care needs for patients in the local community. And at every turn, you'll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients.
Foster Adoptive Care Coordinator Manager are responsible for coordinating and managing medical and behavioral health services delivered to youth who are in foster care. The service coordinators have experience working within the foster care system and also have knowledge of services utilized by foster care youth, especially behavioral health services. The service coordinators serve as the primary point of contact for the youth, their family, the state child welfare contractor, foster parents or group home placements and network providers.
In this role, you will work telephonically and in the field to coordinate care for youth who are in foster care. Your experience working with foster care youth and with behavioral health services will be essential in advocating for the best possible care available. At times, your patience may be challenged. But in the end, your confidence, decisiveness and perseverance will help you positively impact our member’s lives, and ensure more positive outcomes for all.
If you are located in Jackson County, MO, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges. This position will have 25% local travel in that assigned region.
- Engage in the entire care management process including assessment, development of care plans, coordination of care, and monitoring of services
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Department of Social Services, Children’s and MO HealthNet Divisions, guardian/caregivers, members, social service worker, network and other providers
- Coordinate medical, psychosocial and behavioral health services delivered to children and youth who are in foster care, receiving foster care or an adoption subsidy, or are in or out of home placement including ensuring that the child receives all required examinations and health care visits within the time specified by the state agency and based upon the child’s needs
- Master's degree in Social Work with unrestricted LCSW in the state of MO or Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in nursing with unrestricted RN license in the state of MO
- 2+ years working with pediatrics/children
- 2+ years working with the child welfare system (lived or learned
- 2+ years of experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Access to reliable transportation; Willing to travel 25% of the time
- Residence in the state of MO
- Residence in Jackson county
- 2+ years working with individuals with behavioral health needs
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience with arranging community resources/case management
- Prior field based work experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Master's degree Social Work, LCSW, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Associate’s Degree in Nursing, Bachelor’s degree in nursing, RN, Nurse, Social work, case management, CM, CCM, behavioral health, pediatrics, child welfare, foster care, children, Missouri, MO, Jackson County, Kansas City, Independence, Blue Springs, Buckner, Grain Valley, Grandview, Greenwood, Lake Lotawana, Lake Tapawingo, Levasy, Lone Jack, Oak Grove, Sugar Ceek.