Customer Service Representative Lead - Phoenix, AZ
About the Job
Training classes start soon apply today!
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic. It's challenging. And addressing the challenges is being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members. You'll handle 50 - 70 calls per shift, always remembering to bring compassion and a sense of engagement to enhance the customer experience.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll interact with customers continuously by phone and in writing. Within a high volume setting, you'll need to develop knowledge of our various products and multiple levels of benefits within each product in order to best assist our providers, members, brokers, and employer contacts.
Positions in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer service support. Direct phone - based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of inquiries.
- Ensure quality customer service for internal and external customers with focus on needs identification, problem solving and partnering with billing, eligibility, and claim specialists
- Monitor delegated customer service issues to ensure timely and accurate resolution
- Use appropriate communication techniques when responding to customers, particularly in stressful situations
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the Customer Care Advocates
- Assist in facilitation of huddles and team meetings
- Review performance objectives and quality audits to determine coaching requirements
- Assist with refresher training, review new guidelines, and processes
- Place outgoing phone calls to complete follow - up on customer service requests as necessary
- Extensive work experience, possibly in multiple functions
- Works independently
- Mentors others
- Acts as a resource for others
- Coordinates others' activities
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 3+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems OR 3+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work Monday - Friday between the hours of 7:30 am - 7:00 pm
- Ability to multi - task including ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Demonstrated ability in customer service problem resolution and relationship building
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Customer Service, Representative, Lead, Phoenix, AZ