Vice President, Commercial Network Strategy and Programs - Minnetonka, MN preferred or Telecommute
About the Job
There’s never been a time that was more right for people who want to lead. Health care is changing and evolving at a pace that few could have predicted. Technology, ideas and bold vision are taking companies like UnitedHealth Group to new levels of performance. This is the time and the opportunity that can bring your impact to a whole new level. We’re driving ever higher levels of sophistication in how provider networks are composed and compensated. Your expertise in provider networks can help us build in the next phase of evolution. In this Director level role, you’ll use your knowledge and analytical skills to help determine how clinical providers group up by specialty and service line. As you do, you’ll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Represents and advocates for UnitedHealthcare’s Employer and Individual National Account (NA) business segment to ensure network strategy is being evaluated, developed and executed to deliver on our commitments to our NA customers and members
- Primary executive account manager to serve as the leadership liaison on the NA team to ensure priorities are well understood and are communicated into the UHN organization
- Develops and delivers a concise credible external network value story and oversees a small team that builds network market collateral for external audiences
- Provides UnitedHealth Networks’ expertise in accelerating shift in dialogue away from simple network discounts to more relevant Total Cost of Care
- Engages and leads network solutioning and tracking with top complex NA client relationships
- Works closely with network and product partners to track progress on issues/initiatives/market specific network development
- Speaks with detailed expertise to clients and other external audiences regarding our network strategies and innovations
- Owns the network component of select external industry organizations relations (i.e National Business Groups on Health)
Get ready for some significant challenge. In this position, you’ll work closely with value-based contracting, analytics and senior leadership in negotiations as you develop and maintain relationships with hospital and physician groups.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years experience working with a managed care organization or health insurer; or as a consultant in a network/contract management role, such as contracting, provider services, etc.
- Proficiency in network strategy including network contracting, value based incentive agreements, provider partnerships, network configurations, network stratification.
- 8+ years in a health care leadership role
- 5+ years working in a role that included external facing client provider and/or health care agency engagement
- 5+ years working directly with C-Suite organizational leaders
- Proficiency in presenting credible and consist verbal and written (formal and informal) communication
- 5+ years experience managing staff and at least 3 years of project management or project lead experience
- Masters Degree in Business or Health Care Management
- 3+ years in health insurance product and product development
Building diverse, high quality provider networks is creating greater access to health care and improving the lives of millions. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Managed Care, health care, Network Program Specialist, network requirements, network assessment, network selection, network data management, provider data analysis, medical claims, claims processing, claims resolution, medical coding, project management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Vice-President