Lead Patient Care Coordinator - Phoenix, AZ
About the Job
Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
- Work as a lead in a designated clinic area or floor of the cancer center
- Responsible for reviewing daily staffing needs
- Responsible for coordinating coverage
- Must maintain high levels of patient satisfaction and set a positive example for the floor team
- Review and audit the quality of registration services
- Keep team on task and meeting daily performance metrics
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of healthcare experience within Patient Registration, Customer Service, a Call Center, a Hospital, or a Physician's office
- 2+ years of professional experience with insurance policies and procedures
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Word (create, edit, and save), Microsoft Excel (create, edit, and save), and Microsoft Outlook (send and receive emails)
- Knowledge of ICD - 9 (10) and CPT terminology
- Proven experience in collecting patient copays, deductibles, etc.
- Professional experience with Medical Terminology
- Ability to work 8 - hour shifts from 7:00 am - 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
- Bilingual fluency with English and Spanish
- Working knowledge of facility pricing structure and cost estimates
- Experience submitting authorization requests and / or professional referrals
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.