Billing Representative - Norristown, PA
UHG Norristown, PA
About the Job
Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest Diagnostics and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
- Process adjustments, refunds, transfer bills, mail returns and perform manual sales
- Evaluate and respond to all aspects of written billing inquiries, including but not limited to billing insurances, and updating invoices
- Research, troubleshoot and resolve complex billing issues and customer complaints, taking all steps to resolve and ensure full resolution
- Perform all aspects of billing customer service as needed
- Navigate both Quest Billing System and the web
- Maintain all Compliance and HIPAA regulations at all times
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation (between 7 am - 5 pm) including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over - time and / or weekends, as needed
- Successful completion of the UnitedHealth Group new hire training and demonstrated proficiency
- 1+ years of billing or collections experience
- 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment, call center setting or phone support role
- Ability to multi-task, this includes ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to work in a fast - paced environment
- Ability to meet quality standards
- Ability to meet production standards
- Ability to handle other projects as assigned
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: billing, claims, medical claims, healthcare claims, office, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, training class, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, Data Entry,
adjustments, phone support