Behavioral Health Home Manager - Tennessee - Telecommute
UHG , TN
About the Job
You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? UnitedHealthcare is offering an innovative new standard for care management. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Our growth is fueling the need for highly qualified professionals to join our elite team. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Join us. Take this opportunity to start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Behavioral Health Home Manager will oversee a team of Behavioral Health Home Consultants responsible for the development of relationships with dedicated public sector behavioral health agencies in order to improve and monitor their clinical effectiveness and efficiency, as well as compliance with contractual obligations. This team works closely with health plan partners, Care Advocacy Operations, Network Management, and Program and Network Integrity teams to ensure coordination, effectiveness, and efficiency.
This person must demonstrate strong management, clinical and analytic skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and must be comfortable working closely with behavioral health agency leadership and personnel. This person will be responsible for providing direct oversight of a specialized clinical team tasked with managing and improving behavioral health agency performance using analytics, audits, and other tools in our Public Sector dedicated markets.
If you are located in Tennessee, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Direct oversight and supervision of the Behavioral Health Home Consultants and the daily activities of the team including the following activities:
- Communicate with behavioral health agency leadership and personnel to initiate appropriate interventions focused on improvement of clinical outcomes and efficiency, as well as compliance with care advocacy processes and contractual obligations
Regularly facilitate oversight meetings with the BH agency to monitor, present, and discuss performance
Monitor BH agency performance on program metrics, quality outcomes and adherence to contract requirements
Conduct BH agency program audits and provide feedback and results
- Identify performance improvement opportunities through analysis of clinical outcomes data, utilization/claims data, complaints, and compliance with applicable protocols/policies
- Initiate and monitor Performance Improvement Plans to drive performance
- Identify market trends as appropriate based on data and market oversight
- Measure improvement of program performance over time
- Monitor and report effectiveness of interventions
- Modify interventions as appropriate
Deliver education and training
Interface with other UHC and OHBS departments including health plan leadership, Clinical Operations, and Clinical Network Services
Uses data to identify trends, patterns, issues and opportunities that have an impact on the business and utilizes the data to help make sound business decisions and recommendations.
Attend health plan, state and provider association meetings as needed
Licensed Master's degree-level clinician in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, Licensed Ph.D. level Psychologist, or Registered Nurse
- License must be active and unrestricted
- Minimum three years (POST- LICENSURE) direct behavioral health clinical experience
Experience identifying performance improvement opportunities and influencing quality metrics
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Solid computer skills at the intermediate level, proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to balance contractual and clinical considerations
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- 3+ years of management/supervisory experience
- 3+ years of Managed Care experience in a Managed Care setting
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Behavioral, Health, Practice Manager, Consultant, Quality, RN, Nurse, TN, Tennessee, Telecommute, Psychologist, LCSW, LPC, LMFT, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, Licensed Ph.D./Psy.D.