Billing Representative - Phoenix, AZ
About the Job
Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360.
We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine
our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our
resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue
Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.
The position will require knowledge of Commercial payers, Government payers, Work Comp payers and Medicare Advantage payers.
- Submit hospital medical claims to insurance companies and payers from a Medical Claims Billing “scrubber”
- Review facility inpatient and outpatient claims for billing accuracy
- Identify billing for primary, secondary and tertiary claims
- Monitor outstanding claim holds to determine if billing is necessary.
- Meet deadlines
- Read and interpret explanation of benefits
- Respond to inquiries from different departments within the organization
- Additional duties as requested by leadership
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience or 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment, call center setting, or phone support role
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Successful completion of the UnitedHealth Group new hire training and demonstrated proficiency
- Ability to work an 8 - hour shift starting between 6:00 am - 8:00 am Monday through Friday
- 2+ years of billing or collections experience
- Hospital billing / collections related experience
- Inpatient and outpatient billing, claims editing and submissions experience
- Knowledge of Medicare billing regulations and requirements including claim submission, claims follow - up, appeals process
- UB92 and 1500 bill forms and filing requirements
- Knowledge of managed care and commercial insurance / self - pay regulations
- Consistent attendance with ability to meet work schedule including the required training period
- Ability to multi - task
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Billing, Representative, Phoenix, AZ