Senior Provider Network Contract Manager - Hospital - Seattle, WA
About the Job
The more you do, the more you learn. And as you learn you find new doors opening that challenge you to bring your best. This leadership role with UnitedHealth Group will call on your knowledge, your energy and your commitment to making health care work more effectively for more people. You'll guide the development and support of Provider Networks as well as unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting. As you do, you'll discover the impact you want and the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Manage unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting and associated financial models
- Guide development of geographically competitive, broad access, stable networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance, trend management and appropriate distribution of provider specialties
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company templates, reimbursement structure standards and other key process controls
- Review work performed by others and provide recommendations for improvement
- Forecast and plan resource requirements
- Authorize deviations from standards
In this role, you will need to be able to thrive in a demanding, intense, fast-paced environment. In addition, you'll be driving some complex negotiations while striving to ensure accuracy.
- 5+ years of experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- 5+ years of experience in the health care industry
- 2+ years experience with provider contracting including development of product pricing and utilizing financial modeling in making rate decisions
- In-depth knowledge of Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), DRGs, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, etc.
- Undergraduate degree
Creating and fine tuning provider networks helps improve access to health care for millions. It's an outstanding opportunity to have more meaning and purpose in your career. Join us. Find out how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare, Managed Care, Hospital Contracting, Physician Contracting, Ancillary Contracting, Facility Contracting, Provider Network, Network Development, Provider Services, Contract Negotiating, Network Management, Accountable Care Organization (ACO)