About the Job
OptumInsight provides software and information products, advisory consulting services and business process outsourcing to participants in the health care industry. Hospitals, physicians, commercial health plans, government agencies, life sciences companies and other organizations that comprise the health care system work with OptumInsight to reduce costs, meet compliance mandates, improve clinical performance and adapt to the changing health system landscape. Government officials count on Optum to improve the efficiency and quality of their healthcare and human services programs. Our breadth of experience gives us a unique perspective and an unmatched ability to transform the performance of programs and improve the outcomes of the people you serve.
We support forty state Medicaid agencies with an array of effective complex population health services, advanced analytics, policy and program consulting, program integrity services, and health information technology solutions. The State (CRE) Client Relationship Executive is the lead Business Development representative for Optum State Government in their designated territory. Their focus is representing Optum's solution portfolio for Direct to State Health Care Services related opportunities. State CREs lead, influence, and execute sales efforts for Optum's core capabilities for Direct to State opportunities. Develop strategies to execute Optum opportunities to meet State's goals and coordinate multifaceted teams within a highly matrixed organization. This is a quota carrying position with main emphasis on net new business.
This position covers a Mid-West territory. You will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead, influence, and execute sales efforts for Optum's core capabilities for Direct to State opportunities. These include data management / analytics, Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS), integrated eligibility and program integrity enterprise solutions for State Health and Human Services (HHS) agencies.
- Coordinate multifaceted teams within a highly matrixed organization to execute the sales process including participating in State RFP responses.
- Quota carrying position with main emphasis on net new business
- Qualify and maintain predictable pipeline of Optum opportunities in designated territory
- Bachelors Degree
- 10+ years in leading business development for major health and human services organizations
- Strong relationship development skills
- Experience selling technology solutions to clients
- Experience with Medicaid programs
- Proven and successful background in driving complex opportunities between $10M-$100M to HHS clients
- Collaborative leadership style in working with internal stakeholders that participate in the deal process
- Masters in public health administration or business administration
- Sales track record specific to State government clients
- Existing relationships with State government client base
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.