Sales Support Specialist - Indianapolis, IN (Job Fair)
About the Job
Join Us for Our Job Fair
Wednesday, November 14, 2018 from 1:00pm to 6:00pm
Thursday, November 15, 2018 from 1:00pm to 6:00pm
7440 Woodland Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46278
We strongly encourage you to apply in advance of the event if you are interested in this opening. Attendance at the event isn't required to be a candidate for potential employment.
Life moves fast, don’t get left behind. Training classes start soon; apply now before it’s too late!
If helping others is second nature to you, bring your passion for providing exceptional service to UnitedHealth Group. This position is a great first step in an opportunity to transition to a sales career while watching your contributions help our business grow. You would assist customers with purchasing products that are greatly improving their lives. Performance leads to success and your life’s best work. SM
As a Sales Service Specialist, you will be assisting customers who have already received a quote with any follow up questions they may have as well as to complete their enrollment. In order to support high call volumes from our sales department as well as any new outbound campaigns, the Sales Service Specialist will need to obtain a Life & Health insurance license within 30 days of employment.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 8:00pm Friday, and 9:00am - 5:30pm on Saturdays. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 7440 Woodland Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46278.
There are several steps in our hiring process. Please make sure that you have filled out all required sections of your employment application. Once you submit your completed application, you will receive an email with information regarding next steps including any pre - employment assessment(s) that are required. Both your application and any required assessment(s) need to be completed before we can consider you for employment so the sooner you complete these two steps, the sooner you will hear from us. To learn more, go to: http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Handle customer inquiries regarding health and supplementary products including answering plan questions, providing enrollment support, as well as making follow up calls to new and existing customers
- Data entry in order to update our internal database with customer information
- Conduct outbound calls to prospective customers to prescreen sales leads before handing off to the Inside Sales Product Advisors
- When applicable, assist the sales lead by providing a quote to the customer
- A minimum education level of a high school diploma or GED; OR ten years of equivalent work experience
- State health/life license is not required when hired. However, hired individuals must obtain the necessary state health/life licensing within 30 days of employment.
- At least one year of customer service or sales experience
- Demonstrated ability in using computer and Windows PC applications including Microsoft Word and Excel, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and learning new computer programs
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, training class, sales