Vice President Healthcare Consulting Strategy & Growth Practice Lead - Eden Prairie, MN or Telecommute
About the Job
No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum is focused on driving fundamental change in our health ecosystem. Working with payers, providers, and other stakeholders, we are helping them develop new capabilities to be successful in an increasingly complex market. But before we get to solutions, tools, technology and products, we often start off by developing a strategic direction and set of priorities. We are seeking a bold leader to continue the development of our strategy and growth practice.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- As a VP within our organization you will have the opportunity to perform the following types of activities:
- Provide subject matter expertise to lead the Strategy and Growth advisory team to accurately diagnose the issue the client has identified (as well as underlying issues) and determine appropriate solution that will lead the client to create strategic direction
- Create a team oriented work climate that enables professional development and encourages creative solutions and strategies
- Drive sales and revenue growth for the Strategy & Growth practice within Optum Advisory Services as well as sales that result in broader growth across Optum’s portfolio of products and services
- Develop new Consulting services opportunities that enhance the ongoing strategic business relationship between Optum and Healthcare Payer / Provider market clients
- Serve in an advisory role to clients on business strategy, operational effectiveness and healthcare best practices
- Ensure that quality assurance methods are implemented within the program
- Leverage your personal network to identify new clients and expand existing client business in the Payer and Provider markets
- Gather information, analyze, and develop strategies concerning dynamics that may affect the consulting business relationship with targeted clients, such as changes in client ownership or new affiliations; current market share and targets of opportunities for new growth; clients' changing requirements; competitor strengths and weaknesses; and communicate these strategies as a part of Optum activities in the targeted clients
- Proven sales acumen, with ability to sell large advisory / services engagements
- Proven ability to work and manage in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated strong business mindset: thoroughly understands the financial drivers and levers of the Healthcare Payer and Provider businesses
- 15+ years of extensive Healthcare Payer / Provider market experience
- 10+ years of working in a Professional Consulting Organization, performing large deal sales and consulting services to strategic external clients (individual deal size $3M+ with total sales of $10M+ annual)
- Strong demonstration of building long term relationships across the “C” suite with payer / provider market clients
- Proven engagement with clients (boards, executives, and physicians), and ability to provide valuable insights and logical explanations when faced with difficult questions
- Proven business acumen and analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically, proven experience laying out strategy, developing products and / or services from ground up that are sold in the commercial market
- Proven problem solving skills (identification of issue, causes, solution, implementation plan)
- Personal network for C - Suite executives in the Payer and / or Provider markets
- Industry recognized leader with proven track record of speaking engagements or healthcare industry publications
- Program management - strong complex program management, P&L management, large scale program oversight and delivery
- Strong ability to influence and motivate
- Experience writing and executing business plans for new consulting solutions
- Ability to travel up to 75%
- Bachelor’s Degree and / or Master's Degree
- Big 4 consulting experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Vice President Healthcare Consulting Strategy & Growth Practice Lead, Eden Prairie, Minnesota, MN, OptumConsulting, strategy, strategy & growth, client, consultant, sales, payer, provider, contracts, travel, Optum Advisory Services, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Working from Home