Principal - Advisory Board - DC based
About the Job
This opportunity is based in Washington, D.C.
- Develop strategy for Healthcare terrains
- Develop product roadmaps for new solutions
- Oversee market testing efforts and analysis of competitive landscape
- Manage business financial projections and capital budgeting efforts
- Execute partnership strategy and evaluate investments and acquisitions
- Recruit client innovation partners and lead sales and delivery of early solution pilots
- Manage project team and support hiring and onboarding new department staff
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- Experience working with clients in a consultative role -- comfort engaging senior level people in back-and-forth conversation, ability to be convincing when necessary, and ability to develop strong relationships through each interaction
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience in developing growth strategies for organization(s), particularly around new business lines
- Experience conducting root-cause analysis
- Experience with solution focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively
- Willingness to take risks and act decisively with regard to new opportunities
- Health care experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.