Sr. Product Manager - Digital - Eden Prairie, MN
About the Job
- Lead the expansion of new, as well as drive and enhance existing capabilities for digital portals and experiences, partnering with key business and operational partners while owning the overall consumer experience.
- Drive the definition of key digital features and functionality that meet overall platform needs and unique business line portal needs.
- Partner with clinical operations, IT and the CX Digital team to work within the agile development process to define, build and measure roadmap capabilities.
- Develop coherent platform and portal strategies that align to the needs of the business and consumer expectations. Partner with other organizational leaders to develop and communicate a complete online product, design, content, and user experience roadmaps in support of strategic business initiatives
- Collaborate with key business and channel leads on how digital can meet business needs, solve problems or support current experience gaps. Partner on high level requirements and prioritization and drive the design and digital features roadmaps to meet business commitments
- Work with Consumer Experience to identify & deliver best in class consumer experiences and digital features that drive digital engagement with our portals including future visioning and experience enhancements
- Work closely with the PHS Digital and Strategy leaders on how digital strategy, innovations and other key work streams impact the positioning, roadmap or direction of the consumer portals
- Drive feature concepting and testing to support market insights, competitive intelligence and business needs to create a prioritized and validated product roadmap. Help align the use of third party tools, content and capabilities to an overall integrated digital experience
- Work with Operations, Channel and other SME’s as necessary to break capabilities down to feature level items and to drive both prioritization and alignment with the consumer portals design/experience and clinical portal (as relevant) Drive concepting, early user testing, design and solutioning activities, partnering with key digital, technical and design resources
- Participate in Agile Scrum process to ensure business vision is being accurately implemented and meet market expectations. Support the PO’s as they write user stories and participate/ensure the development scrum process is delivering to the requirements
- Work with program management on communication elements to socialize and deliver statuses to facilitate decision making with the business and operational partners. Utilize influencing skills to build a collaborative culture and foster relationships with cross functional partners. Provide sales support including participation in customer meetings and product demonstrations as requested
- Partner with Channel/Product/Operations and readiness teams on activities that help operationalize the consumer and clinical features and capabilities
- This role may have direct reports and management duties may include: resource planning, hiring, performance management, career development and coaching, and day-to-day supervision. Effectively manage team capacity to meet anticipated demand, including sourcing and managing temporary staff as needed. (This role does not have direct reports currently, but we may expect it of the role in the future.)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 years leading digital products, strategy, user experience, product design, or product development in large corporate or heath care environments
- Demonstrable experience coordinating priorities and contributions of a network of non-technical contributors and project stakeholders from across a large, diverse organization.
- Practical experience and sound theoretical understanding of relevant professional disciplines, including Product Management, user experience design, human centered design, business planning, and strategy
- Understanding of digital technologies, including front-end technology, back-end technology, social media, and mobile applications with the ability to work effectively with technology teams
- Experience with Agile software development processes as a product lead or contributing SME
- Solid communication skills, including written, spoken, and presentation communications with both direct and influential authority
- Ability to travel up to 10% based on Business needs
- Experience leading teams with direct managerial responsibilities, including hiring, performance management, and team organizational design within a matrixed environment where team members interact with many cross-functional disciplines
- Experience delivering Web experiences that meet user needs based on usability research, UX design and information architecture principles, and product management methodologies
- Experience working collaboratively at all levels and across business lines using influencing skills
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, and other Adobe suite products
- Experience in other interactive and digital industry such as retail and financial services where consumer engagement is a top priority
- Graduate degree
- Experience working in matrix environment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.