Accounting Clerk - Carlsbad, CA
About the Job
Positions in this function prepare and maintain records of accounts receivable, including receipts, claims and overdue invoices; applies all incoming cash receipts to the appropriate general ledger accounts. Computes interest charges, processes refunds and related items. Performs periodic and month - end balancing and reporting activities.
Note: Does not include employees involved in premium billing and collections.
- Posts cash receipts to customer accounts - checks, credit cards and ACH payments.
- Process refunds via check or credit card.
- Process credit and debit memos.
- Adjusts invoices.
- Works with other areas of the business to resolve account discrepancies.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Reconciles member accounts
- Processes mailed and faxed in correspondence
- Sort and distribute mail
- Process bank chargebacks
- Outbound calls to our members to discuss account
- Special Projects
- Complies with applicable laws, regulations and policies (e.g., HIPAA)
- Follows established department policies and procedures
- Assists with audit requests as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma / GED or higher
- 2+ years of knowledge and experience with Oracle software systems
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and the ability to create / edit spreadsheets, tables / graphs, pivot tables and v - lookups
- Experience with Microsoft Word (create, edit, save and send documents) and Microsoft Outlook (send and receive emails)
- Experience with SharePoint and the ability to utilize workflows
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and the ability to create / edit presentations
- Experience with Microsoft Visio and the ability to create diagrams and / or workflows
- 10 - key by touch
- Experience with Microsoft Access and the ability to create / edit databases
- Works effectively in a changing environment
- Manages time effectively and produces high quality work
- Listens actively and speaks and writes clearly
- Collaborates with others and demonstrates diversity awareness
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: accounting, receiving, posting, payment, clerk, Optum, finance