Department Assistant Receptionist - Farmingdale, NY
About the Job
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- Plan, prioritize, organize and complete work to meet established production goals or quotas in a fast pace and ever changing environment
- Establish professional working relationships to ensure operational efficiency
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively identify solutions
- Analyze and identify trends and provide reporting as necessary
- Administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- Pull, scan and assign Proof of deliveries (mail copies)
- Prepare documents requiring provider contact signatures, scan, and update the disposition in Optum’s internal systems
- Answer high call volume phones, and back - up reception when out
- Assign files on incoming fax sever
- Send end of day patient report
- Assist with projects as needed
- Demonstrate a moderate level of knowledge and skills in own function
- Require little assistance with standard and non-standard requests
- Solve routine problems on your own
- Work with supervisor to solve more complex problems
- Prioritize and organize work to meet agreed upon deadlines
- Work with others as part of a team
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Word with the ability to create documents
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook with the ability to manage email, calendar, and task lists
- Previous experience in an administrative or clerical role
- Customer Service experience
- Ability to work Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Associate's Degree (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience in an administrative or clerical role
- Healthcare experience with a focus on administrative tasks
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, both independently and in a group setting
- Communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to multi - task
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse
- Speaking and listening while using a headset (optional)
- Business office environment with moderate noise level due to representatives talking, using computers, printing and other floor activity
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Optum, clerk, clerical, administrative