Associate Director, Business Development - Minnetonka, MN
About the Job
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm) Primary Responsibilities:
- Drive and support the framework for the analysis behind company-wide strategic decisions related to all functions. Run organizational planning and business rhythm process in alignment with all other functions to develop vision, mission, goals, objectives / key results, resource, and capital plans, etc.
- Develop financial models for new products (P&Ls, cost / benefit analysis, client benefit calculators) Partner with Finance and the business to manage, analyze and review organizational budgets, measure & track ROI, and reconcile and explain discrepancies
- Support day to day operations and deliver on strategy and operational plans from the planning process against the strategic vision for the company. Find and pursue cost reduction opportunities as appropriate. Drive business process improvement by identifying and executing against opportunities as well as through universal adoption of best practices. Develop and report on key, lightweight metrics as necessary to ensure business health and inform key stakeholders of performance. Develop and utilize frameworks to help structure thinking, drive visibility, and facilitate alignment among cross-functional teams. Manage people / teams in project-based work and directly as employees
- Asses / support development of potential strategic growth and partnership opportunities from a technology, GTM, international, and M&A perspective. Explore new markets and business models through industry trends, historical trends, forward looking forecasts, competitive assessment, etc. and build / evaluate recommendations for strategic growth and monetization
- Identify and implement new initiatives with key stakeholders to develop, champion, and launch new initiatives. Support decision making processes for business ideas based on data, hypotheses, and findings; develop go-forward plans and help drive and translate recommendations into actions / results. Act and operate as an internal consultant, working directly with multiple stakeholders, management, and various related departments be able to optimize team performance.Take complete ownership of projects / programs from cradle to grave: business case, scope, cost, schedule, action cycles, risks, issues, decisions, interdependencies and milestones
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Local to Minnesota
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.