Healthcare Recovery Associate - Eden Prairie, MN & Wauwatosa, WI
About the Job
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
As a Healthcare Recovery Associate, you will be responsible for completing investigations to determine subrogation potential. Using your investigative / analytical skills you will work with a variety of contacts to gather accident details. You will use this information in conjunction with state and federal compliance policies, reimbursement policies and contract compliance to complete your investigation and prepare the subrogation file to be handled by our Analyst team. You must be able to work in a fast paced environment, multi - task and handle changing priorities.
- Handle a steady volume of new referrals daily
- Understand concepts of coverage, policy interpretation and liability determination to analyze and move claims towards resolutions
- Research applicability of laws, regulations and other requirements to cases
- Ensure compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- Validate claim liability, adjuster's contact information, claim status, availability of coverage and accident - related injuries
- Focus will be on speed and quality of contacts, investigations and evaluations
- Research and analyze information gathered through investigation
- Thoroughly document all written and verbal communications
- Assist with training and mentoring for other Subrogation staff as needed
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of alpha - numeric data entry experience
- Ability to work an 8 - hour shift with a flexible start time between 7:00 am - 9:00 am Monday through Friday and occasional mandatory overtime
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in Paralegal Studies or in a Business - related area
- Understanding of subrogation principles, health insurance and / or P&C insurance
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to insurance
- Ability to create and edit letters with Microsoft Word
- Ability to create and modify spreadsheets Microsoft Excel
- Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer and use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse
- Other tasks or projects as needed to support the Subrogation Team
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, Healthcare, Recovery Investigator, Data Entry, Analytical