Onsite EAP Counselor (Per Diem) - Tualatin, OR
UHG Portland, OR
About the Job
Onsite EAP Clinician possesses a broad professional knowledge base of mental health and substance abuse, behavioral and organizational dynamics. They must have practice, experience and a demonstrated strong skill set consistent with accepted EAP core technology. The onsite consultant also demonstrates a professional commitment and understanding to serve both the workforce and workplace. This includes physical and / or telephonic availability during crisis and disasters impacting the host organization.
***This is a per diem position that requires working Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:00pm - 8:00pm. Total of 16 hours per week***
- Initial assessment and triage for mental / behavioral health services
- Referral to legal and financial consulting services
- Overview and explanation of the Optum EAP program and assistance in helping the member access benefits
- Crisis / suicide intervention
- Individual, family and marital / couple therapy
- Partner on multi - disciplinary team with other health / fitness providers as necessary (medical, pharmacist, chiropractor, dental, health coach, condition management nurse, physical therapist, personal trainer, nutritionist, etc.)
- Conduct / coordinate / interpret Brain Resource tools as appropriate
- Working within a short term, solution focused counseling modality
- Conduct workshops / brown bags on health enhancement topics, such as stress management, resilience, positive thinking, etc.
- Provide management consultations on workplace issues
- Masters / Doctoral degree in a recognized behavioral health discipline
- Current, unrestricted license at the independent practice level in your state of residence
- 2+ years experience in a behavioral health setting
- Proficiency with MS Office Products
- Ability to work onsite as needed
- Previous Onsite EAP experience
- Veteran, or experience working with veterans and their families
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: EAP, CEAP, Employee Assistance, Psychologist, Social Worker, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Therapist, Counselor, LCPC, LP, LMFT, LCSW, LPC, Tualatin, Portland, OR, Oregon