Accounting Consultant - UnitedHealthcare Global Solutions - Minnetonka, MN
About the Job
If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are looking for an Accounting Consultant to support the UnitedHealthcare Global Solutions business in our Minnetonka, MN office. UnitedHealthcare Global is the international division of UnitedHealth Group and serves over 4 million customers, principally in Brazil, but also residing in over 125 countries. We safeguard the health, well-being and productivity of global workforces with a comprehensive range of in-house, health and mobilization capabilities. Clients include multi-national and local businesses, governments, non-US health insurers and travel insurers, reinsurers, individuals and their families.
The Accounting Consultant role will play a key part in our Finance team and build upon the foundation to enable future growth. This position records and analyzes financial transactions, maintains general ledger accounts, supports the financial close process and ensures compliance with accounting rules and internal policies to support the production of accurate and timely financial statements and reports.
- Provide operational and technical accounting expertise to ensure compliance with GAAP, IFRS, Statutory requirements and Company policies, rules, regulation and laws
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets and statements of financial position
- Perform financial statement variance analysis and explanation (actuals vs. forecast, period-over-period actuals) for the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Lead the accounting month-end close for a respective product within the UHC Global Solutions business, including daily close estimated results
- Prepare journal entries and review accounting classifications in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles
- Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts to support the post month end close process
- Key contact with external audit and supports the documentation preparation for external and internal audits
- Partner with management and other departments to implement Accounting process improvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial statements
- Intermediate or Advanced MS Excel experience including the ability to create and modify spreadsheets
- Experience with G/L software applications
- 3+ years related experience, analyzing and solving customer issues
- CPA, MBA
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials, Great Plains and Hyperion Smart View
- Foreign currency transaction experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio)
- Insurance industry experience
- Ability to multi-task, including the ability to understand multiple products and processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and process discipline
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Ability to serve as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
Careers with UnitedHealth Care. UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow. Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group where you can share your ideas and passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: accounting. excel, month end close, journal entries, CPA, GAAP, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota.