Associate Director Ambulatory Surgery Center Strategy & Contracting-Minnetonka, MN
About the Job
Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director Ambulatory Surgery Center Strategy & Contracting leads and develops the ambulatory provider network to yield a geographically competitive, high quality, stable partnerships with national, regional and local ASCs. Position ASC network to help reduce the total cost of care for the while achieving an affordable and predictable product for customers and business partners. Associate Directors evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company contract templates, reimbursement structure standards, and other key process controls. Responsibilities also include establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with all Providers, market colleagues and line of business colleagues.
If you are located in Minnesota, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and Lead the ambulatory surgery center strategies for the organization
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues to educate and influence ASC contracting in their markets.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to markets on ASCs.
- Understanding of Operational and Financial processes and challenges facing the industry.
- Ability to build rapport and support the local and national ASC organizations
- Lead complex negotiations to completionTier 1 Surgery Center Relationships and knowledge
- UHC Market Leader and Contractor relationships and knowledge
- Develop functional, market level, and/or site strategy, plans, production and/or organizationl priorities
- Apply network configuration and incentive-based payment models as appropriate to improve quality and efficiency
- Identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems outside own team
- Product, service or process decisions are most likely to impact entire functions and/or customer accounts (internal or external)
Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
5+ years experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
5+ years experience in the health care industry
2+ years experience working with multispecialty Surgery Centers
2+ years experience in the development of product pricing and utilizing financial modeling in making rate decisions
2+ years experience managing a medical cost and administrative budget
Expert level of knowledge of Medicare reimbursement methodologies such as Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), DRGs, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, etc.
2+ years experience with provider contracting
5+ years of supervisory experience
Strong customer service skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to speak clearly and concisely, conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand, as well as ability to understand and interpret complex information form others, including but not limited to reimbursement policy standards
Strong interpersonal skills, establishing rapport and working well with others
Position is office based in Minneapolis, telecommuter considered.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Director, Ambulatory Contracting, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota