Private Pay / AR Specialist - Atlanta, GA
UHG Atlanta, GA
About the Job
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
- Review and resolve outstanding Account Receivable related issues; such as calling for payment status, process denials, or any other actions to resolve outstanding account balances.
- The adjudication through collection or adjustment of the Accounts Receivable over 45 days of age.
- Communicate effectively to quickly determine reason for outstanding invoices in order to determine client ability and / or intent to pay.
- Follow all written collection policies and work flows.
- Escalate any and all potential client related issues where appropriate.
- Effectively document appropriate action and status codes in the collection module.
- Other administrative tasks may be assigned where appropriate.
- High School Diploma or GED or higher
- 2+ years of experience in Medical Insurance Accounts Receivable Collections.
- 2+ years of experience creating and editing documents in Microsoft Office Word (create and edit documents), and Excel (create, sort, and edit data spreadsheets).
- Ability to work Monday - Friday 10:00am - 6:30pm
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Self - motivated and ability to work without supervision.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Accounts Receivable, Medical Insurance, Accounts Payable, Optum, UHG, Finance, UHC