Risk Adjustment Coder - Telecommute
About the Job
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
***This is a telecommute / remote based position. It can be based anywhere in the US as long as you are able to work 8:30AM - 5:00PM Mountain Time Zone***
- Support the OptumCare Utah Care Delivery Organization (CDO) and Mountain West Region (MWR) Coding Team
- Process physician attestation forms and PCP visits at a minimum of 6 charts per hour
- Achieve and maintain coding accuracy of 95%
- Perform inpatient chart reviews for Medical Management (MM)
- Identify HEDIS data and submit referrals for validation
- Build and sustain effective relationships while working closely with manager, coding team, Mountain West Region, Enterprise Clinical Performance, coding educators and network managers
- Attend internal meetings via WebEx as requested
- Additional projects as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED or higher education
- 2+ years of experience in Risk Adjustment Coding
- Current Coding Certification is required for this position as well as continuing education units (CEUs) to maintain coding credentials
- Certification: RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P or CPC (must have one)
- Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Excel, Word
- Ability to work 8:30AM - 5:00PM MDT
- Certified Risk Adjustment Coder (CRC) credentials
- Experience working remotely with proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet goals and deadlines
- Various Electronic Medical Record (EMR) experience
- Experience with Attestations and physician queries
- Familiar with AHA Coding Clinic
- Familiar with systems: DataRAP, Alliance, Facets
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCS-P, CPC, CRC, coding, coder, medical, healthcare, Risk Adjustment, clinical, performance, AHA, EMR, remote, telecommute, work from home