Actuarial Analyst – ALDP – Horsham, PA Preferred
About the Job
You're unique and so are we. Join our actuarial team and you'll work among an elite team of professionals who are helping to create historic results and an exceptional future for UnitedHealth Group.
As an Actuarial Analyst, you'll be empowered, supported and encouraged to continue your professional development as you solve some of UnitedHealth Group's toughest challenges. You will use innovative tools including the largest database of health care information in the world. You'll find an accelerated actuarial development path to support you in your continuing post-graduate education and certification. Join us. There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.(sm)
If you are not located within a commutable distance to Horsham, PA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
The Actuarial Analyst role is within UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement, Insurance Solutions, and will provide support for the pricing of AARP Medicare Supplement plans. The Actuarial Analyst - ALDP role supports the development of the claims projection for the Medicare Supplement plans.
- Assist in development and projection of claim costs for Medicare Supplement products
- Prepare Medicare Supplement rate filings
- Perform various financial analyses in support of claim projection activities
- Collaborate and communicate results and technical concepts
- Gather data needed for pricing and reporting
- Perform mathematical and statistical analyses
- Maintain and update actuarial models and proactively identify solutions
- Create and review monthly/quarterly and ad hoc exhibits based on detailed data sets
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Must be on the Actuarial exam track, having passed 3 or more Actuarial exams
- 2+ years of experience working in a corporate environment including experience collecting, analyzing and summarizing qualitative/quantitative data
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (ie: formulas, calculations, charts, graphs, data manipulation)
- Experience working in finance or the health care industry
- Experience working in a corporate environment
- Experience working with Medicare claims data
- 1+ years of experience working with Actuarial models in Access, SQL (Structured Query Language), and/or VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Ability to quickly learn and use computer software tools effectively
- Strong database experience
- Live within a commutable distance of Horsham, PA
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement.
The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.