VP of Payer Solutions Sales - Telecommute U.S.
About the Job
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
We are in search of a top performing, professional, and seasoned Vice President, Solution Sales to sell Payment Integrity solutions to the Payer market. This position is a sales position for a new and unique solution that addresses an emerging issue for Health Plans.
This position will have primary responsibility for business development activity including prospecting, qualification, value demonstration, and opportunity closure.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assume responsibility and accountability for assigned annual sales revenue goals
- Maintain a robust, qualified new business pipeline
- Demonstrate consistent activity disciplines to maximize new business development and assure perpetual pipeline growth
- Display exceptional strategic selling skills including discovery, ROI development and presentation, sales cycle maintenance, tactical planning and closing
- Maximize the strategic plans of accounts within the full breadth of solutions and services
- Demonstrate value-added solutions using a professional consultative selling approach
- Demonstrate solid leadership qualities and organizational skills in coordinating the sales cycle
- Manage the sales cycle through the use of weekly pipeline and account reviews to include all stakeholders
- Establish, build and maintain positive, professional relationships and interaction at all decision levels
- Maintain a highly credible and professional profile within the industry
- Demonstrate and maintain a deep proficiency and expert knowledge level of all existing and new capabilities
- Participate in trade shows and other industry events as appropriate
- Provide input for product enhancement and new product development
- Communicate issues, concerns and problems in a solution oriented manner
- Provide intelligence to the organization on competitive activity
- Provide management with timely reporting as required and requested
- Clearly demonstrate problem-solving capacity and the ability to be timely and responsive
- Be a positive force and a 'team leader'
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of sales opportunity information using our CRM tool
- Successful track record of selling products/services (claims editing/management, fraud, or subrogation solutions, clinical management, outsourced services, consumer engagement, provider engagement), preferably to the healthcare payer market
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5-10 years sales, account management experience, healthcare or insurance industry preferred
- Demonstrable sales success using a consultative sales approach
- Verifiable successful consultative sales experience calling on C-Suite and senior buyers in the payer market
- Able to effectively diagnose client needs, propose and close solutions that have measurable and positive business impact
- Able to lead the sales process and work cooperatively with team to achieve sales goals
- Excellent organizational and personal influencing skills
- Able to work effectively with individuals at varying levels of the organization with a demonstrated ability to create, build, and maintain relationships
- Superior communication skills - listening, written, and verbal communication
- Strong team player with the ability to lead a team approach selling to multiple levels of a Health Plan
- Strong strategic thinking and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated time-management and execution skills
- Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task and to deliver results within short timeframes
- Thrives in a high paced, high intensity environment
- Incredible work ethic; willing to put in the time necessary to deliver results
- Able to work effectively in a geographically dispersed organization
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency and experience using SalesForce.com or a comparable CRM
- Ability to travel frequently - 50%
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.