Financial Analyst - Westbury, NY
About the Job
Positions in this function prepare and maintain records of accounts receivable, including receipts, claims and overdue invoices. Applies all incoming cash receipts and wire payments to the appropriate general ledger accounts. Computes interest charges, processes refunds and related items. Performs periodic and month - end balancing and reporting activities.
- Moderate work experience within own function
- Some work is completed without established procedures
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others
- Supervision / guidance is required for higher level tasks
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years of Accounts Receivable experience
- Ability to work during the hours of operation Monday through Friday starting between 8:00 am and 9:30 am until 4:00 pm or 5:30 pm 37.5 hours a week
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Experience with and hospital billing
- Knowledge / experience with billing regulations
- Experience with Microsoft Excel ability to create spreadsheets
- Experience with Siemens Medical Solutions / InVision / Keane and / or Eagle applications
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Financial Analyst, Westbury, New York, NY